Friday, February 23, 2007

WTF Friday Poetry: She -- Oral Sex and the Crucifixion








This week's poem addresses muses that crucifixion and oral sex are not necessarily antithetical. The lead photo is one that I purchased at the Salt Lake City Arts Festival many years ago. The side bar pictures came from here, don't think they'll mind my borrowing a few with a link.





Crown of thoughts
Pricking and drawing blood
From the brow
Furrowed in thought.



Daughter of God
The juice of life flows
From her lips
Suckling the universe --



She is of the flesh.
She is of the body.
She is spirit made.
She is to be sacrificed.




Making martyrs
Out of my women
Impaled on the cross
Of my desire






Blood drains out
Nailed and crucified
Phallic incisions
Crossways –






Sword enters her
Drawing water --
Euphrates, Tigris
Wellsprings of life
Kneeling at her feet





Head buried in worship
Searching for the spark
Of life.
The flesh twitches
In her death throes
The tongue tastes
Her baptismal water.







Born of the fire
Of passion
Reborn in the moisture
Slaking my praying tongue.
My voice hums
Out Hosanna
I kneel, I pray --
At birth’s door.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice poetry, T. I totally groove on the crucifixion oral sex thing. "Crucify me baby!" Remember that from the 70s during it's brief spate of popularity? Who said it, Redd Foxx? It was right about the same time as "Whup some head on me!"

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Nice poem. I like it.

MORMON EROTICA

The blog is devoted to exploring sexual issues arising out of American and Mormon culture. While the prurient may occasionally surface and while the tone may be sarcastic or sacreligious, the discussion is serious. I want to get deep.