Friday, January 12, 2007

The Erotic and The Spoken Word Or Want to Fuck Friday



Do you remember the days when Spence Kinard had that deep, pious voice on the Mo Tab's Music and the Spoken Word radio show? For nineteen years, his resonant voice pounded the airways on Sunday Morning, telling us of the Lord's goodness. Suddenly in 1990, for what I believe was rumored at the time to be some sexual impropriety, Spence resigned.

I tried to do some research into the rumor, but all mention has been expurgated from the official records and nothing could be found on the Internet. I did find a quote from the one apostle who always gave me hope for Mormonism, J. Golden Kimball, stating what is the most prudent wisdom ever from a General Authority on the topic of adultery: "If my wife looked like yours, I'd commit adultery too." Now, I have no knowledge of Spence Kinard's wife's looks, but it could explain a lot.

I've felt a strong need to put some order into my blog, in part because it fuels my creativity. If I know I have to have something posted on a certain day, I'm motivated. I did my little diversion on Spence Kinard, because I thought I'd name Friday, The Erotic and The Spoken Word, but the weekend is also about getting laid (which is why I'm home alone typing on my blog), so I'm leaning more towards Want to Fuck Friday: Poetry to get you laid (or your face slapped.) When I figure out podcasting, I'll use The Erotic and the Spoken Word for the podcast.

So, welcome to Want to Fuck Friday -- where we pay tribute to the likes of Spence Kinard, who wanted to fuck and did.

MANIFESTOS OF THE CRAZy
Something is rotten
Something is forgotten
Something is misbegotten
Something is gnawing at my brain

Manifestos of the crazy --
Manson, Kazinzki, Emmanuel Joseph--
I'm 200 pages of a Manifesto
Away from being classified as a danger to society.

I'm fucking nuts.
I am mad north by northwest,
but I know a hawk from a peacenik.
Or at least I used to.
I can't tell anymore.

I am a descendant of Joseph Smith.
A spirited, sexual descendant.
Of the first guy to marry 14 year olds.

I write my Man - it - festers
It rots,
It decays,
Daily decay to death--
A decay I fight with my toothbrush of words
and flouride of thought.
Opposition.
Contradiction.
Friction.
Disgust with the cost.
The system captures us.
We don't even see that with the filters on our eyes
There are only certain things that can be seen.
Lord have mercy.
Lord forgive us.
Lord hear our prayers.

Bless our soldiers.
Bless our enemies.
Bless those that despitefully use the lives of those around them.
The pressures of organization
The pressures of socialization
The pressures of institution
The pressures of all types of --tions -- and shuns.

All I really want is flesh.
Flesh and fucking.
Repent.
Relent.
Transgress.
Regress.
Ingress.
Egress.
The old ingress and egress.
The In and Out.
Hey Jude.
Hey Clockwork Orange.
Hey Who -- Who are You
Mamma's Squeeze Box
Ingresses and Egresses.
A society of ins and outs
Whose in
Whose out
It is oh so much warmer to be in
In like my Errol Flynn
Fractured in opposition.

Find the soul.
I lost my soul.

Mary had a little soul, a little soul
Whose sheet was white as snow
And every where that Mary went
That soul was sure to go.
It followed her to school one day
Which was against the rules.
And she sent her little soul home
But it was lost, never to return
Now Mary is a soul-less bitch.

March, march entering like a lion,
Out like a lamb --
March the month of Man --
We enter her hard as a lion and leave
limp and soul-less as
the Lamb.
Hope you enjoyed Want to Fuck Friday.
Remember to Subscribe to This Blog and Get Email Updates of New Posts.
Get your WTF Stickers here.

1 comment:

Sister Mary Lisa said...

I like your WTF Friday idea. Good one.

MORMON EROTICA

The blog is devoted to exploring sexual issues arising out of American and Mormon culture. While the prurient may occasionally surface and while the tone may be sarcastic or sacreligious, the discussion is serious. I want to get deep.