Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Screwing Around On Cafe Press


Now, I didn't start blogging for the money or the fame -- I take that back, maybe the fame. I've always had the idea of cross marketing to try and get people to read. Our culture is not a culture of readers and that is a bad thing when one is a writer who would like to be read. Marketing seems like a way to encourage reading -- even if it is a blurb on a T-shirt.




With this in mind and the fact that it is now three a.m., I have thrown together a couple of items to go onto the new store, http://www.cafepress.com/mormonerotica . I know there isn't any self promotion or anything else other than a couple of bare ideas. The ideas will refine over time. The internet and digital technology have certainly created a brave new world for the artist and for the audience. I would love feed back.



I have an entire line I want to create, but I need to find an artist who can do caricatures. I want to do a whole line of T-shirts, ala Enormous Johnson, but for Mormon-dom. So, if you know anyone who could draw Iron Rod for me I'd be grateful.



The one testimony I got from my mission was 2 Nephi 2:25 that the point of life was to have Joy. And what is more joyful than sex? I got the picture of the newly baptized and christened Joy from a creative commons licensed photograph by Savaman on Flickr. I'm a big fan of Creative Commons and will discuss more on that as time goes on.



Damn, time to get my ass to bed.

No comments:

MORMON EROTICA

The blog is devoted to exploring sexual issues arising out of American and Mormon culture. While the prurient may occasionally surface and while the tone may be sarcastic or sacreligious, the discussion is serious. I want to get deep.